Tuesday, February 20, 2018

TAMUCC Drawing Class 2015


Francis Bacon
I was pleasantly surprised to see Francis Bacon on Ubu so I chose to talk about him. I included a photo (at the top) of an art work I did with a small group while I was going to school at TAMUCC. We did a recreation of his Screaming Pope painting! Not to make a long story out of it but we chose to put Trump as the subject for the painting and there it is. Anyways, I learned about his works while in that class and have always admired his take on things since then. He is a painter and is known for his "horrifying" paintings of humans doing human things. He was quite an interesting fellow, he always would often talk about his paintings with disgust and would say he made a mistake and it wasn't really that good. I find him very interesting and enjoyed the short documentary that was on Ubu! 
-Marisa Rodriguez

No comments:

Post a Comment