Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Tape Art

So we did a self portrait in my drawing class with charcoal last week and my teacher is always telling us to try things in a different way so I tried to do in tape. I really enjoyed the process of playing around with the tape and I will probably keep playing around with the rest of the tape I have and use it to make a bigger self portrait.The colorful crazy tape with the lines and circles reminded me of a computer circuit chip and I used it to portray methodical thoughts and the connections my mind makes. The orange tape renders the shape of my face and hair but the crazy tape still seeps out of those line because those methodical thoughts and connection are reflected outward into my actions and artwork.


Geisa Branas-Tape Art-2018

No comments:

Post a Comment