Monday, April 30, 2018

Pubilc Art Proposal

The Red Cougar

The University of Houston's School of Art is an art building with no artwork on the outside walls. 

As a visual artist, I would love to add some substance to these walls, and give one traveling something more to look at than their phones.

I plan to paint the School's Mascot in the Color Red, in example,

With myself and 4 partners I'd select, timing wouldn't be an issue (estimated 16 hour job). The estimated width and height of The Red cougar is 10ft tall, and 8ft wide, perhaps taking a gallon of Cad medium Red, Mars Black, And Titanium White - all acrylic. Restoration is an issue we could negotiate, because I thought it would be fun to letting the cougar be restored by new art majors every ten years. The asking cost, including materials, stipend work for all artists included, and time would roughly be $10,000.

Kevo Aregbe


No comments:

Post a Comment