Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Public Art Proposal


Mexican Restaurant Mural

As a frequent Mexican restaurant customer and fellow Mexican, I have always been intrigued by the lovely murals on the walls and have always told myself I would do one of those. Using acrylic paints, I plan on doing a 3ft x 4ft mural, budgeting at about $20 per square foot, totaling to around $240. I would like to seek funding by asking for sponsors from my supporters because I would like to do this work free for the restaurant. I feel that this would be a great way to support a small company and give customers something nice to look at.
Being that it would be a small company I would just have to speak with the owner of the restaurant to get the approval.
The idea of this public art is to show support to small companies and connect with my Mexican heritage. This is something I have always wanted to do and I feel that it would be a great first step in making public art pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment