Tuesday, November 29, 2016

My Light Art

I love to experience art that incorporates light, which is most likely why I've used light in my artwork so often in the past. For the light art I wanted to share one of my favorite pieces that I created using light. This was also a found-art piece because most of the materials used were things I found (such as the bark falling from trees, twigs, and most importantly the light used to illuminate it!). The name of the piece is the "Eyes of the Djinn". I created it while thinking of the campfire stories I would here of the djinn that surrounded us, how they were always there in the darkness.
It is not a public piece (although it was in show open to the public in VA), this piece resides in my parents guest bedroom. It is on a timer to turn on when the sun goes down and off at 10pm. It is about 6ft tall and fits into a corner of a room. In the daytime the eyes are barely noticeable, especially behind the branches and twigs, but at night the two aspects trade places and the eyes take over.


No comments:

Post a Comment