Tuesday, November 29, 2016



   My name is Thien-Gia Dinh and I am a Texas artist that specializes in multiple fields of art

   I am currently wishing to do an installation by which I will call judgement

  It will consist of about 200 ceramic tiles that will be placed upon a wall at Buffalo Bayou park due to the abundance of people that are there and I feel like it would be a proper place to install this piece.

  The reason for this is that people are always feeling like they're being judges, especially when eyes are on them as they pass by. The discomfort can be overwhelmin, and I want to tap into that because despite the discomfort, people are always wondering why? Why are these eyes on me? People are always wondering as to why they are being stared at. They wonder if it's their clothes, their face, their body, their mannerisms. It invokes thought and it lingers within their mind for a while.

   Not only that, but I want to make people see that Art is not always something conventionally beautiful. I want them to see that Art is not always about subtle interpretation and wondrous comfort. I want them to look, to see, and to avert their gaze but also to wonder why.

   In order to proceed with the creation of this piece, I will require a budget of 1000 dollars. This will cover the materials needed, such as plaster, Clay, clear glass marbles, an assortment of glazes, and whatever tools are necessary in order to install this piece

   I hope this piece will be reviewed and considered because I want people to see, and feel judged. However, I want them to also obtain confidence from realization that in the end, it really does not matter how people see or judge them.

No comments:

Post a Comment