Tuesday, September 6, 2016

My mail art is inspired by my favorite artist and research interest, Hieronymus Bosch. I recently was able to travel to Bosch's hometown, 's-Hertogenbosch, to view the 2016 exhibit, Hieronymus Bosch: Visions of Genius at the Noorbrabant museum and go to the international conference at the Jheronimus Bosch Art Center. I have used the envelope along with a variety of accouterments that I collected from my trip. I lined the envelope with some of my research images of Bosch paintings from my thesis. I feel very lucky to have the experience of seeing my favorite art in person alongside the Boschian scholars.

Bochian Mail Art front, Liia Thrasher, UH Public Art

Bochian Mail Art back, Liia Thrasher, UH Public Art

1 comment:

  1. Great job! Inspiring, well made, nicely photographed, and properly documented. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete