Tuesday, September 13, 2016

The Sand Rose

The Sand Rose

Most of my paintings are inspired by the desert, actually most of my art is. I have so many beautiful rocks that I have collected over the years from walking around the desert and have used them for tools, jewelry, art, and so much more. As I thought of what rock inspired me I looked to the table beside me and saw one of my favorites, yet it was also one I had neglected to find any other use but to display as it is, the sand rose. Its delicate crystalline structure forms in a way similar to the roses delicate petals (gonna go out on a limb and assume thats why it is called a sand rose). I thought of how the rocks looked just like roses made of sand, and I decided that was what I would make them. My sand rose became three desert roses standing in the dark. Here's a photo...


No comments:

Post a Comment